Policy for private rental Delta Lloyd Boat Insurance
When you lend your vessel, the following applies:
• Your vessel is only insured if a lease contract is closed. This lease contract should be prepared by a sharing platform;
• Before the rental period, you should fill out a checklist with the renter about your vessel, including an ID-check of the renter.
• Your vessel is allowed to be rented with up to 60 days a year, of which a maximum of 30 consecutive days;
• You are not insured for damage caused when the renter lends out, sublet and / or rents your vessel;
• Damage caused by transport on the road by a renter is not insured;
• Is the coverage Accidents Voyagers insured? This coverage does not apply during the rental;
• Is the coverage Legal aid insured? This coverage does not apply during the rental;
• The belongings of the tenant are not insured;
• The insured sailing area is the Netherlands + 20 mile from the Dutch coast;
• In case of damage the 'own risk' applies as indicated on your schedule, unless this 'own risk' is less than € 250,-. Then there is an 'own risk' of € 250,- per event'
• Loss of rental is not insured.
Acceptation rules rental coverage Delta Lloyd Boat Insurance
• Only combined with full casco coverage.
• Only for sloops, slow-sailing motor boats or sailing boats up to € 250.000,-.
• The sailing area is the Netherlands + 20 mile from the coast.
Insuring outside the Netherlands and/or fast speeding insurance
It is possible to insure your boat outside the Netherlands (within Europe). Furthermore, fast speeding boats can also be insured exclusively at Boatsters. The only condition for this insurance is that or the boat owner or a registered captain is present on the boat.
Go to the insurance page here
, and make sure that your boat is covered!